Gene “Chip” Tatum, former CIA operative and pilot, was a firsthand witness to drug and weapons trafficking in the early 1980’s by Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, William Barr, and others.  All of his claims are fully documented and backed up by records obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.  His discharge paperwork is at the bottom of the page.

The Chip Tatum Chronicles:
Testimony of Government Drug Running

Chip Tatum’s “License To Kill”

These materials are the intellectual property of Chip Tatum. This material shall not be reprinted in non­electronic form or distributed for commercial use with the written consent of Chip Tatum. To order hard copies of the Chronicles, call (352) 787­0867 and get a recording or send $29.95 to P.O. Box 895082, Leesburg, FL 34789.
The Tatum Chronicle_
D.G. “Chip” Tatum PEGASUS An American Spy Story Book Two
The Chronicles_
By D.G. “Chip” Tatum
The Tatum Chronicles Published by D.G. “Chip” Tatum P.O. Box 895082, Leesburg, Florida 34789 (352) 787­ 0867
Copyright _ 1996 By D.G. “Chip” Tatum and Nancy J. Tatum
The Tatum Chronicles INTRODUCTION
I started government service in 1970 as a volunteer for military service during the Vietnam war. Having graduated Air Force Technical School, I became one of the Air Force’s first elite combat controllers (CCT). I was subsequently sent to NKP, Thailand. While in Thailand, during a covert mission into Cambodia, our unit, code named Team Red Rock, was captured by North Vietnamese and held as prisoners for 92 days. During interrogations by both Soviet and Chinese officers, Team Red Rock remained silent through the beatings and torture that more often than not ended in death. Had it not been for a patrol of US Marines finding the encampment where we were held prisoner, all of the team would have died. But, fortunately for myself and my platoon sergeant, we were liberated by the recon patrol before we had been tortured to death. During the fire fight between US forces and our captors, I was wounded. Already weak from the torture and beatings inflicted during interrogations, I slipped into a coma. Three weeks later I awoke in an Air Force hospital at Clark Air Force Base, Philippines. Within a few days a man from Saigon arranged to “debrief ” the mission. During the debriefing it was explained that the events which Team Red Rock were involved in had been classified by President Nixon for a period of twenty­five years. Due to the sensitive nature of the mission, the president required that I be “held close” for reasons of national security. It had been decided that the CIA would assume that responsibility. On June 6, 1971, William J. Colby, the man from Saigon assigned to debrief me, advised me that I was now under operational control of the CIA. My code name was Pegasus.
During the next eight years, I traveled five continents under the operational control of the DCI (Director of Central Intelligence). As I collected data concerning movement of POWS from Southeast Asia to Asia and on to Europe, and forwarded the data to my handler, William J. Colby, and his predecessor George Bush, I began to realize that our government was not going to act upon that data. At the end of my contract, I found myself compelled by a French resistance song to step aside for a greatly needed rest.
When you fall, my friend Another friend will emerge From the shadows To take your place.
I resigned in 1978 and left the service of my country to live in a quiet town tucked in the mountains of Colorado. Only time could heal the wounds I had suffered through the years as Pegasus.
In 1980, following the failed rescue attempt in the Great Salt Desert of Iran, I was involuntarily reactivated and placed in the U.S. Army. I soon found myself and my family at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, the new home of a U.S. Army Special Operations unit, Task Force 160.
Having participated in numerous covert missions with the 160th, I was given an assignment to Ft. Stewart, Georgia. I was tasked with the mission of infiltrating a medical evacuation unit which was preparing to go to Honduras in support of military exercises.
In February of 1985, two flight crews from the 3/498th Medical Company, Fort Stewart, Georgia, arrived at Palmerola Air Base, Honduras. Each flight crew consisted of a pilot, copilot, medic, and the crew chief.
Upon arrival, our crew was ordered to report to the Hospital Commander for further assignment and billeting. The Hospital Commander, Colonel Zichek introduced our crews to the outgoing medevac crews from Fort Riley, Kansas, home of the “Big Red One”.
Following orientation and check­rides with an instructor pilot familiar with the operating rules of the country, we assumed the medevac mission for Joint Task Force Bravo. Having flown extensively in Central America as a Special Operations pilot, I was well aware of the flight environment and the local operational restrictions. However, when I accepted the mission to infiltrate the 3/498th Medical Company and pose as a medevac pilot, as briefed by my handler, Oliver North, I was instructed to make no mention of previous involvement in the area.
On February 15, 1985, during a flight to La Cieba, Honduras I was instructed to contact the man assigned by Oliver North as my local handler, Major Felix Rodriguez. Upon arrival in La Cieba, I contacted Major
Rodriguez. He picked the crew up and gave us lodging for the night at a CIA safe house. The house was surrounded by a ten foot perimeter wall of concrete and at the only entrance was an uzi wielding guard. Following dinner, the crew was sent to their quarters while Major Rodriguez and I planned our four month support calendar. I was scheduled to leave Honduras in June of 1985.
I was instructed that in addition to our normal MEDEVAC missions, my duties included a covert group of missions. The control word for these missions was Pegasus. All Pegasus missions took priority over normal medical evacuation missions. Major Rodriguez also instructed me as to my “chain of command.” Missions could be ordered by any of the following:
Oliver North ­ Assistant National Security Advisor to the White House
Amiram Nir ­ Former Israeli Intelligence Officer (Mossad) and Advisor to Vice President Bush Felix Rodriguez ­ CIA
Normal aviation support provided by Pegasus missions included flights to the following areas:
Ilapongo, El Salvador : This was where Corporate Air Services, a CIA owned aviation company, was based.
Contra Camps, Honduras and Nicaragua : Various Nicaraguan rebel camps were located in the jungles and mountains along the Nicaraguan/Honduran border.
The following morning our air crew departed La Cieba for Palmerola Air Base. During the next week, our missions were equally mixed between Pegasus flights into Contra villages and medevac support of U.S. military and Contra casualties. One common denominator on all Pegasus missions was the movement of large white coolers in and out of the Contra camps. They were always sealed and marked as medical supplies.
On October 23rd, 1986, a C­123 cargo plane loaded with arms and ammunition was shot down over Nicaragua. The sole survivor of the crash was captured by the Nicaraguan military and taken to Managua for interrogation. During interrogation, Eugene Hasenfus would reveal to the Ortega led Nicaraguan government that the aircraft which was shot down was owned by the U.S. government and that he was on the payroll of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
Although the United States vehemently denied ownership of the aircraft and any knowledge of employing Mr. Hasenfus, subsequent investigations proved out Mr. Hasenfus’ allegations to be true.
Dubbed the “Iran­Contra” affair by Attorney General Edwin Meese, President Reagan, denying any knowledge of U.S. involvement, called for a special investigation to “look” into these absurd allegations.
At a cost of over $40 million the investigation yielded only a few prosecutions for minor infractions. It is curious that neither the Select Committee on Secret Military Assistance To Iran and the Nicaraguan Opposition subcommittee tasked with the congressional investigation of the Iran­Contra, nor the office of the Special Prosecutor assigned to investigate criminal wrong­doings which occurred during the Iran­Contra Affair, subpoenaed any active duty military personnel assigned to the border area of Nicaragua/Honduras. Had the service members been called to testify concerning the daily training/resupply, and support of the Contras, it would have been determined that the Boland Act, which prohibited any efforts of the United States or its military to support the Contra effort, was being violated. Testimony by military personnel would have also revealed that military aircraft and supplies were used to support the shipment of cocaine from manufacturing facilities co­ located with CIA supported Contra camps. Why weren’t we called to testify?
The following documents were filed with base operations at Palmerola Air Base, Honduras between February and May of 1985. This was a full two years prior to the world ever hearing the names Oliver North or Iran/Contra. The documents were filed and stored through the years by the Honduran Military. Recent attempts to locate the documents proved successful. I have compiled the military documents in chronological order which follows a week­by­week sequence of events involving political, military, and intelligence officials from various countries.
As you read the Chronicles, you will find:
A. Flight Plans These are international flight plans filed in conjunction with the 1985 flights. Information includes the name of the crew members, destinations of the flight, and passenger names. Many flight plans will have remarks which were made by the pilots. These remarks were written on the reverse side of the flight plan.
B. Mission Briefs Prior to each flight and at the completion of the flight, any irregularities or information affecting the mission would be briefed and included in the comments section of the mission brief.
26 February, 1985
Wally World, our intelligence compound at Palmerola Air Base, tasked us with a mission requiring us to fly two civilian pilots to one of the largest Contra villages on the Honduran side of the Nicaragua/Honduras border. The names of our passengers as noted in Section 19 of the Department of Defense flight plan filed with Base Operation prior to departure from Palmerola (MHCG) were Bill Cooper and Buzz Sawyer. We departed at 1630Z (Greenwich Means Time). During the flight, Mr. Cooper told us that they worked for Corporate Air Services, a CIA proprietary, based out of Ilapongo Air Base, El Salvador. They were meeting with Contra leaders to coordinate air drops of arms and ammunition to various Contra camps. We arrived at El Paraiso, Honduras without incident. The meeting between the pilots and Contra leaders lasted just over an hour. At the termination of the meeting we were given a white cooler marked “vaccine” and instructed to deliver the cooler to a US Air Force C­130 at La Mesa Airport. Upon arrival at La Mesa Airport in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, the cooler was dropped by two of our crew members. It weighed in excess of 200 pounds. The seal broke on the cooler. I picked up some aviation tape commonly called “hundred mile an hour” tape to reseal the vaccine cooler. I gave the crew leave to get lunch ordered. I stayed to refuel the helicopter and reseal the cooler. Messrs. Cooper and Sawyer went to eat and wait for their flight to El Salvador. When I removed the torn tape from the cooler, I saw that the contents consisted of a number of bags of a white powdery substance. There was over one hundred bags of what appeared to be cocaine. I resealed the cooler and continued refueling the aircraft. About two hours following our arrival, the U.S. Air Force C­130 bound for Panama finally arrived to pick up the vaccine.
We returned to Palmerola Air Base. Upon our return, I called Washington switch via land line (telephone) and advised Mr. North regarding my discovery of the cocaine. He told me that it was one of the trophies of war. “The Sandinistas are manufacturing cocaine and selling it to fund the military.” He further stated that “the cocaine was bound for the world courts as evidence.” I was reminded of the white coolers I had been asked to deliver to Arkansas on several occasions the year prior.
I was a Special Operations pilot at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. In 1983 and 1984 we would routinely receive requests from a medevac unit at Ft. Campbell to deliver white coolers marked medical supplies to Little Rock Air Force Base, and, on two occasions, to an airport west of Little Rock, in Mena, Arkansas. Further investigation on my part clarified some outstanding questions I had. The medevac unit at Ft. Campbell, the 324th Medical Battalion was a supporting unit for Task Force 160, a Special Operations Unit under the control of the CIA. Flight crews of the 324th Medical Battalion rotated in and out of Honduras on four month tours.
During my flights to Arkansas I was met by a man introducing himself as Dr. Dan Lasater. Dr. Lasater was never alone. He was usually accompanied by a plain­clothes policeman who produced a badge and ID. His name was Raymond Young. I was introduced to him and found that his nickname was ‘Buddy’. Mr. Young would later show up in Honduras, posing as a member of the Arkansas National Guard (see flight plan dated 16 March, 1985).
On one occasion in the fall of 1983, I was tasked with delivering two such coolers to Little Rock Airport. The coolers, marked “medical supplies,” were to be delivered to Dr. Dan Lasater only. My instructions were to wait for Dr. Lasater, if he was not at the airport when we arrived.
Prior to take off, I helped our crew chief secure the cargo in the rear of the aircraft. I noticed that, although both coolers were identical in size, one cooler was significantly heavier than the other. I shook the lighter cooler, trying to guess its contents. But it was so tightly packed that nothing rattled. I recall thinking that it must have been organs or something, packed tightly in dry ice. So I opened the cooler to check its contents. After
thoroughly examining the contents, my curiosity was satisfied and I closed and re­sealed the cooler with military green hundred­mile­an­hour tape. (They had originally been sealed with gray air conditioning duct tape.) I re­ secured the cargo and we departed for Little Rock.
We arrived late in the night, about 10:30 pm. Dr. Lasater was not waiting for us, so we began our post­flight of the aircraft and flight planning for our next leg to Houston’s Hobby Airport. About 12:15am a limousine, followed by a van, and unmarked law enforcement vehicle, arrived at the FBO. Dr. Lasater was the first out of the limo. I recognized him from a previous flight. He was followed by two others. Dr. Lasater introduced himself to me, apparently not realizing we had met before, and asked if we were the aircraft with the donor organs. I told him that we had the coolers and pointed at them in the rear of the aircraft. Doug, our crew chief, helped Lasater’s limo driver with the coolers. The heavy cooler went into the limo and the light cooler was loaded into the van. Dr. Lasater introduced me to the two gentlemen with him. First, we were introduced to the Governor of Arkansas, Governor William J. Clinton, and then his security chief, Raymond “Buddy” Young. At this point, Mr. Young recognized me and stated so. I was then introduced to a third man standing at the limo. We were invited to stay the night and accepted. (After all, I thought, they may want to talk to me when they find the note I left in the lighter cooler.)
After returning to Ft. Campbell on Friday, I called Director Colby and told him of the delivery and my discovery. I told him that when I opened the cooler, which was ultimately taken by Governor Clinton, it contained several kilos of an off­white powdery substance and lots of money.
The coolers which were delivered to Arkansas were identical to the one I just discovered at La Mesa Airport in Honduras containing cocaine. I decided that I had best begin documenting our cargo for the flight crew’s safety. I went to operations and noted the cocaine on the back of the flight plan.
26 FEBRUARY, 1985 FLIGHT PLAN  front and back:

1 March, 1985
Two white coolers marked “medical supplies” were delivered to Dustoff (MEDEVAC) Operations. Major Rodriguez advised us to deliver the coolers to him in Tela, Honduras (LYA). I opened the coolers and checked the contents. They were both filled with about one hundred kilos of cocaine. We delivered the coolers as ordered to Major Rodriguez. He was waiting in front of an old DC­3. We then returned to base at Palmerola.
1 MARCH, 1985 FLIGHT PLAN Click front and back:

2 March, 1985
I was advised by Major Rodriguez that “The Company” had arranged for an unusually high concentration of chlorine in the water supply of a tactical communications site called Skywatch. The CIA was unable to obtain the satellite operations frequencies from the military controlled site. (This was not unusual. The Department of Defense and the CIA have never developed a level of trust adequate to share secret information between agencies. I was one of several U.S. military officers recruited by “The Company” to “spy” on our military for the CIA. This small group of military officers report directly to the Director of the CIA. I reported to William Colby.) My mission was to obtain these frequencies while the doctor was tending to the ill soldiers. We flew a PA and our medic to the TAC site. While the PA and medic tended to the stomach cramped and diarrhea ridden American servicemen, I went into the communications van and copied the frequencies. When we returned to Palmerola, we experienced engine failure and were forced to auto­rotate from 8500 feet. The tailboom of the helicopter cracked when we crash landed.
Later in the afternoon, I gained access to a secure line. I called Washington Switch and passed the frequencies to Don Gregg as I was instructed. Mr. Gregg, Vice President George Bushs’ National Security Advisor, asked me to pass them to Clair George. Before having my call transferred to Mr. George, I told Mr. Gregg of my discovery concerning the cocaine in the large, white coolers. I also told him about Major Rodriguez’ explanation. Mr. Gregg confirmed that the coolers were bound for the world courts as evidence against the Sandinistas. I was then transferred to Langley and passed the frequencies to Mr. George. He thanked me and advised me that he would pass them to Dewey, who was Dewey Clairage of the CIA (see letter dated October 1993 from the Security Section of the Israeli Embassy). I terminated the call and went to Base Operations. I noted the info on the back of the flight plan. I put additional notes on the mission brief.
The supporting maintenance officer for the US Army Aviation Element at Palmerola Air Base advised me, during our post­crash investigation, that the aircraft had experienced serious mechanical problems in flight. During maintenance the turbine was fitted with the wrong main seals causing the combustion chamber to crack on the jet ending in engine failure. Additionally, the main rotor blades had been adjusted so that when entering auto­rotation, the main rotor pitch would be in a negative position. This meant that instead of being driven by the relative wind, and providing sufficient RPMs to land safely, the main rotor blades were set to slow to the point of stalling, thus causing no lift and a fatal crash. I discovered the negative pitch in time to compensate and land with minimal damage to the aircraft and crew. Someone didn’t want us alive.  
2 MARCH, 1985 FLIGHT PLAN front and back:

2 MARCH, 1985 MISSION AFTER­ ACTION REPORT front and back:

5 March, 1985
Major Rodriguez called and advised me that he and three others needed to spend two days visiting several local villages and some of the north Contracamps. I called Col. Zichek, the Hospital Commander, and received authorization to fly two days of recon missions mapping villages which were not on our maps. The following passengers arrived with Major Rodriguez.
General Gustavo Alverez ­Honduran Army Chief of Staff (General Alverez usually flew under the name of Dr. Gus)
Honduran Colonel ­the General’s aide Amiram Nir ­CIA (Mossad)
We flew into all six villages listed, and picked up soldiers and took them to El Paraiso. We flew about seven sorties. Then we returned to base. Maintenance and weather hampered our efforts to fly the following day. Those missions would be flown on 7 March, 1985.

7 March, 1985
Missions continued from several villages to Contra camps. Major Rodriguez was utilized as an interpreter to provide instructions. Two of the camps in Nicaragua were under fire by Sandinistas. Our intelligence indicated that there was no problem. We flew four sorties into the camps under heavy fire. At El Paraiso, we picked up four large white coolers. I asked Rodriguez, “Evidence?” He responded patting the cooler with his hands, “You catch on fast.”
We dropped Rodriguez and the coolers off at San Lorenzo (SNL) and returned to base. I went to Operations and noted the cargo on the reverse side of the flight plan.
7 MARCH, 1985 BRIEFING SHEET front and back

13 March, 1985
At 3 A.M. I was called by J2 (which is Joint Task Force Bravo intelligence arm) and the Mil Group (CIA) from the embassy in Tegucigalpa. There was an immediate need for medevac into Nicaragua. Soviet built Hind helicopters had attacked several Contra camps along the border. I was tasked to fly into Nicaragua and find the home base for the Hinds so that the Contras could counter­attack. We arrived at Ojo De Agua at 1720Z. Major Rodriguez advised us that Ocotal is the most probable base area for the Hinds. Flying low level with only the main rotors above the trees, we approached Ocotal. Before departing the area of the airfield, we were able to count eight Hind­D Soviet gunships. The aircraft alerted to our presence and launched.
We were able to evade them and complete our mission moving medical personnel and supplies from the damaged camps.
13 MARCH, 1985 FLIGHT PLAN front and back
13 MARCH, 1985 MISSION BRIEFING front and back
13 MARCH, 1985 NOTES

Tried to reach J­2 or installation for 3 furs. upon arrival at Oio De Agua ­ officials (one civilian clothed, Engligh speaking) asked us to divert from original flight RQ to an urgent recon of shelled area ­ no response frm J­2 need e cisted ­ we diverted ­ to area suspected as Ocotol, Nic. entered @ Danli thru valley to El Paraiso Landed north of good size town in soccer field ­ stayed about +5 min &c departed to north ­ up river valley Noc Rcd radar from C~ & NIC inbound lost on APR39 throughout terrain flight no further contact until climbed appx 750′ agl. Suspect violation of boarder ­ debriefed by Col at Ojo de Agua ­ no one big enough in your chain ­ repeated no one should know where we had been. Col was not Honduran mil (different uniform) black e greying hair strong face. very intelligent & knowledgeable of contra activities, name uns ­ our aircraft did not have red chgs ­ gun shot by crowd ­ offender aprehended by flt crew. Adv North via Rodriguez
Note: El Porvinir & Ocotel are in Nicanam

15 March, 1985
I was called to a meeting at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa. Due to a patient with a head injury, I was unable to meet on time. Night flight was prohibited in country. It required a life­death situation. Mr. Hibbard, the pilot­ in­ charge (PIC) of the other medevac aircraft arrived late in the evening with the patient. The hospital at JTF­Bravo was unable to provide neuro­care. They arranged for a neuro­surgeon to fly into Tegucigalpa (TNT) that night. I replaced Mr. Hibbard’s co­pilot and flew the night mission to the capital city. As we approached Tegucigalpa the lights to the city were turned off. This was an indicator to us that word of our night flight was not passed on to the Honduran military as expected. When we saw the blackout of Tegucigalpa, we dropped to night low­level flight and turned off all of our position lights. We continued toward the city at about 60 knots. Our low­level recon revealed that we were just south east of the airport. Having flown into the airport on many occasions, I was aware of the anti­aircraft artillery locations around the airport. One clear area was the main terminal. We repositioned over the city to the north of the air terminal, entered over the main terminal, then dropped to ground level, and flew about one foot above the runway to the U.S. military area. We shut down the aircraft as Honduran
military jeeps arrived with 50 calibre machine guns pointing at us. The ambulance and a car from the U.S. Embassy were held back until General Alverez arrived to take the prisoners (us). When he arrived, he asked another officer how a helicopter could breech the perimeter of the airport and main military base. We were still sitting in the helicopter with our flight helmets on. When we were ordered out, I took off my helmet and saluted the general. I pointed to the child who had been hit by a U.S. military truck earlier in the day. An ambulance arrived and we transferred the patient.
The general released us and accompanied us to the embassy. When I arrived at the embassy, I was introduced to William Barr, Mike Harari, and Buddy Young. I had met Mr. Young one year prior in Little Rock, Arkansas. Mr. Barr represented himself as an emissary of Vice President Bush, who would be arriving in the future. This was an advance party designed to set up meetings for Vice President Bush. We joined the cocktail party and then accommodations were arranged at a local hotel. I was then asked to join Mr. Barr, Mr. Young, and Mr. Harari at a local German restaurant. I was picked up by the embassy car. Major Felix Rodriguez was in the car when I entered. We met the others for dinner and continued the meeting at the hotel. I was told that Mr. Young and Mr. Harari would fly back to Palmerola with me in the morning.
We departed the following morning with the passengers listed in Item 19 Remarks section of the Department of Defense Flight Plan dated 16 March, 1985.
The following conversation took place between Messrs. Harari and Young during the flight to Palmerola Air Base. The passengers were wearing headsets and speaking over the aircraft intercom system due to the high noise level in the helicopter. As the command pilot, I routinely monitor all conversations on our intercom. I did not advise our passengers that I was listening, or that I was recording the conversation.
Buddy: “Arkansas has the capability to manufacture anything in the area of weapons ­ and if we don’t have it ­ we’ll get it!”
Mike: “How about government controls?”
Buddy: “The Governor’s on top of it, and if the feds get nosey ­ we hear about it and make a call. Then they’re called off.” He was looking around the countryside and continued, “Why the hell would anyone want to fight for a shit­hole like this?”
Mike: Shaking his head in awe, answered,”What we do has nothing to do with preserving a country’s integrity ­ it’s just business, and third world countries see their destiny as defeating borders and expanding. The more of this mentality we can produce ­ the greater our wealth. We train and we arm ­ that’s our job. And, in return, we get a product far more valuable than the money for a gun. We’re paid with product. And we credit top dollar for product.”
Buddy: Still looked confused.
Mike: “Look ­ one gun and 3,000 rounds of ammo is $1,200. A kilo of product is about $1,000. We credit the Contras $1,500 for every kilo. That’s top dollar for a kilo of cocaine. It’s equivalent to the American K­Mart special ­ buy four, get one free. On our side ­ we spend $1,200 for a kilo and sell it for $12,000 to $15,000. Now, that’s a profit center. And the market is much greater for the product than for weapons. It’s just good business sense ­ understand?
Buddy: “Damn! So you guys promote wars and revolutions to provide weapons for drugs ­ we provide the non­ numbered parts to change out and we all win. Damn that’s good!”
Mike: “It’s good when it works ­ but someone is, how do you say, has his hand in the coffer.”
Buddy: Responding on the defensive,”Well, we get our ten percent right off the top and that’s plenty. GOFUS can make it go a long way.” Mike:”Who is GOFUS?”
Buddy: “Governor Clinton! That’s our pet word for him. You know they call the President ‘POTUS’ for ‘President of the United States’. Well, we call Clinton ‘GOFUS’ for ‘Governor of the United States’. He thinks he is anyhow.
Mike: “That’s your problem in America. You have no respect for your elected officials. They are more powerful than you think and have ears everywhere. You should heed my words and be loyal to your leaders. Especially when speaking to persons like me. Your remarks indicate a weakness ­ something our intelligence analysts look for.”
Buddy: “Aw hell, Mike. Everybody knows the Clinton’s want the White House and will do anything to get it. That’s why I’m here instead of someone else. We know about the cocaine ­ hell! I’ve picked it up before with Lasater when he was worried about going on Little Rock Air Base to get it.”
A new line of conversation ensued. Harari questioned Young about his knowledge of who the ‘players’ were. He went down a list. He started with ‘The Boss ­ Clinton’. Here’s a synopsis of the players according to Young.
Buddy: “Clinton ­ thinks he’s in charge, but he’ll only go as far as Casey allows. Me and my staff ­ we keep the lid on things you know ­ complaints about night flying ­ Arkansas people are private folks ­ they don’t like a lot of commotion and Mena just isn’t the right place for the operation. It keeps us busy at the shredder ­ if you know what I mean. Dan the Man (Lasater) ­ He does magic with the money ­ between him and Jack Stevens we don’t have to worry a bit. Then we got Parks ­ if there’s a problem ­ he’s the man. We call him the Archer ­ that’s the codename that Casey and Colby told us to assign to that position. Finnis oversee’s our drop zone. Nash ­ he’s just the boss’ ‘yes’ man. Personally I think he’s a mistake! Seal and his guys ­ I like his attitude “and leave the driving to us!” he said, quoting one of Seal’s good ole boy sayings.
Mike: “You like Seal?”
Buddy: “Hell! He’s the only one I trust ­ respect is the word.”
Mike: “Do you see much of him?”
Buddy: “Hell, yea. We test drive Clinton’s rides before we send ’em on, ya know? (He laughed, grinding his hips.) Say ­ how much coke do you recon you can make in a week?”
Mike: “One camp can produce 400 keys a week. The others are about half that. But that’s just our operation here. We have other sources in various parts of the world. Why do you ask?”
Buddy: “What? Oh, the Governor wanted to know our capacity.” Mike: “Who else is on the team?”
Buddy: “Well, hell, I forgot who I told you about.”
Mike ran down the list from memory.
Buddy: “Ok, there’s the manufacturers ­ hell, these two..”
The tape stopped.
I didn’t recognize the names. I ran out of paper on my kneeboard shortly after the tape stopped. Something like Johnson and Johnson. The flight continued and so did their discussions…about people mostly. We landed and I went to Operations and made a note on the back of the flight plan that I filed by phone.

18 March, 1985
I was called at 0500 hours and told that there were three wounded soldiers at a Contra camp outside of Choloteca. We launched and picked up two observers in Choloteca as ordered. Mr. North and a Lt. Col. Ramon Navarro. I had met Lt. Col. Navarro on previous flights into contra camps, however, his uniform was not that of the U.S. or Honduran Military. We then proceeded to the Contra camp where our medic administered to the casualties. We loaded two of the casualties and were waiting for Specialist McDonald, our medic, to finish with the last patient. The last patient had a piece of what seemed to be wood sticking out of a bad wound to the upper left portion of his body. When we attempted to clean the area, we found a hole the size of a softball adjacent to the impaled object. McDonald began cleaning the area, causing a clear view of muscle hanging and the inside of the chest cavity. Mr. North fainted. I caught him and popped an ammonia capsule to bring him around. We then departed and delivered the casualties to San Lorenzo.
I would see Ramon Navarro on several occasions. The last time I saw Ramon was February 27th, 1991.
In 1990 the United States arrested General Manuel Noriega. General Noriega had been indicted by a federal grand jury under the drug conspiracy laws. Two of General Noriega’s co­defendants were severed from the General and scheduled for trial in early 1991.
One of the government’s key witnesses against the two co­defendants was Ramon Navarro. Navarro knew, from past experience, how valuable his testimony would be. After being subpoenaed, Navarro contacted Felix Rodriguez, one of his handlers from the Contra cocaine manufacturing facilities. Navarro told Rodriguez that he wanted $1 million ­ cash or he would not only testify about Noriega’s involvement with drug manufacturing and trafficking, but he would also implicate Mr. Rodriguez, Mr. Oliver North, President George Bush and others.
Having been recruited into a covert operations intelligence unit in 1986, directed by William Colby and George Bush, I was tasked with the mission of delivering the money with its terms to Mr. Navarro. On February 26th, 1991, an Archer Team, consisting of three assassins and one tracker began surveillance of Mr. Navarro. A Saberliner was flown into Miami Airport with a satchel of money containing $1 million. My orders were to deliver the money to Mr. Navarro and advise him that he was to leave with me.
It had been arranged through Adolfo Colero, an ex­Contra leader now in the Chamarro government of Nicaragua for Mr. Navarro to relocate and live in Nicaragua. Mr. Bush felt that it would be too dangerous for Navarro to
testify. I was ordered by Colby to give Navarro the money and take him to the Saberliner. I was further instructed that, if Navarro refused to relocate, he was to be terminated on the spot.
Two Archers were placed at Navarro’s home the night of February 27th, 1991. I was stationed outside of Navarro’s girlfriend’s house with the Major (code name for an Archer team leader) and another Archer. Mr. Navarro exited his girlfriend’s house at about 11:30 pm. I exited my vehicle and approached Ramon. When Navarro saw me approaching, he jumped in his car and sped off down the road. The red BMW was speeding through the streets of Miami at about 80 miles per hour with our two vehicles in pursuit. We notified the team at his home and they were prepared to apprehend him. Suddenly, Navarro lost control and crossed the median, crashing into a fence. Navarro was dead. We stopped and insured that he was dead, and then departed. I returned the satchel of money to the aircraft.
See flight plan and After Action Report on the following page.

22 March, 1985
I was asked to provide transportation for the following passengers back to Tegucigalpa.
General Gustavo Alverez ­Honduras
Felix Rodriguez ­CIA
Mike Harari ­ Panama (Retired Mossad ­ see letter from Israeli Embassy dated October 20th, 1993.)
Major Rodriguez advised me that I would need to modify aircraft #228 for a flight through Nicaragua to Costa Rica on the 24th. I ‘roger­ed’ and returned to Palmerola. Upon arriving I arranged for the modifications. The modification included four stinger missiles which were to be attached outside of the aircraft only if detection and acquisition were inevitable.

24 March, 1985 Purpose:
To deliver passengers to El Ocotal, Costa Rica and to gather vital intel from moles at Ojo de Agua/El Tamborcita, Nicaragua. It was necessary for pax to meet with contacts at Ojo and brief prior to meeting in Costa Rica.
It was determined by intelligence provided by Wally World, that both radar threat and airborne patrols of Soviet built Hind­D were in place. It was, therefore, determined that we would use a modified medevac UH­1. If detected in a low­level flight across Nicaragua, it was most likely that the Sandinistas would not shoot down a humanitarian aircraft. The modification to the UH­1 were gun mounts ready to be swung out of the aircraft with two stinger missiles mounted on each side. The mission was flown at a top altitude of twelve (12) feet above ground level (AGL).
Flown as Briefed. Comments:
The first leg of the flight was eventful. Utilizing the terrain elevation of the Cordillera Range northeast of Managua as a shield against Nicaraguan radar, the mission was flown with minimal hits of the APR­39 (Radar
Indicator). The following passengers and crew participated in the meeting at Ojo de Agua: Mr. Rodriguez, General Alverez, and Joe Fernandez. Mr. Harari showed minimal interest in the intel. Familiarization with the usage of the photo equipment followed the briefing. I refueled from a tactical ball dropped a day earlier. We carried two aux­fuel bladders in the hell holes of the chopper. The flight resumed to El Ocotal, Costa Rica with minimal hits on the APR­39. The meeting was held at a remote seaside retreat. A communications center was set up at the chopper utilizing a phone provided by Mr. Fernandez.
Attending the meeting were the following: General Noriega ­ Panama
Mike Harari ­ Panama (retired Mossad) Felix Rodriguez ­ U.S.
Joe Fernandez ­ U.S. (CIA)
General Gustavo Alverez ­ Honduras
William Barr ­ U.S.
Via Sat/Com link:
Oliver North ­ U.S. (National Security Council) William Clinton ­ Governor of Arkansas George Bush ­ U.S. Vice President
General Noriega and Mr. Barr greeted the aircraft when we arrived. The passengers adjourned to their meeting while I secured the aircraft. I was invited to join when I finished. Two Latin American soldiers set up the Sat/Com device and stood guard on the aircraft. I joined the meeting approximately thirty minutes later. When I arrived, the discussion was concerning the loss of over $100 million dollars worth of drugs and cash. The “Enterprise” was being drained. There were three Compaq Computers set up with operators, obviously working for Mr. Barr. There were approximately eight (8) administrative personnel correlating data provided by computer discs brought by the principles of the meeting. The discussions continued. It was obvious that the purpose of the meeting was to identify the source of the loss. The money flow was traced from Panama to several destinations in the U.S. Their Ohio source was ruled out early. Their Colorado source was also ruled out. That left Arkansas. It was discussed by the members that either Seal or Clinton were siphoning from the “Enterprise”. At this point, my food was brought, so I moved to a separate table and ate. By the time I finished, Mr. Fernandez signaled me to join him. We went back to the aircraft and used the phone. He called Mr. North and told him that the loss was definitely occurring on the Arkansas drop. He said, “That means either Seal, Clinton or Noriega.” (I thought it noteworthy that Mr. Fernandez added General Noriega to the suspect list.) He hung up. I started back, but Fernandez stopped me and told me to get Barr and Rodriguez. I summoned Barr and Rodriguez to the aircraft. About 15 minutes later, the phone activated and Barr answered. He listened, not speaking but nodding his head in agreement. When he spoke, he told the caller that it had been determined that the problem existed on the Arkansas connection. “I would propose that no one source would be bold enough to siphon out that much money, but it is more plausible that each are sihoning a portion causing a drastic loss.” He then acknowledged something with a “Yes, sir,” and told the caller he would see him and give an up­dated report in two days. At that point the phone was handed to me. I answered, “Tatum.” Vice President Bush asked me to ensure that General Noriega and Mr. Harari boarded Seal’s plane and departed prior to my departure. He also wanted the tail number of Seal’s plane. I was told to tell no one that we spoke. He then instructed me to pass the tail number to North via land lines when I returned to base. I acknowledged and handed the phone back to Barr. Barr stated that he and Fernandez were staying in Costa Rica until the following day. They needed to visit the “ranch.” He then terminated the call. Mr. Barr then made another call. He asked for Governor Clinton. He must have had a direct
number because he didn’t have to wait. He began immediately. He explained that a substantial amount of “Enterprise” monies had disappeared. He further explained to Governor Clinton that it was suspected to be in excess of $100 million dollars and that it was definitely disappearing along the Panama to Arkansas connection. He suggested that Governor Clinton investigate on that end, and that he and Mr. North would continue investigating on the Panama side and that it must be resolved or it could lead to problems. “Big problems,” he reiterated. He then asked Clinton to put his best man on it and stated that this was priority one. Then he terminated the call.
We broke down the equipment. I dropped Noriega and Harari at the airport and waited for Seal to leave in a Lear jet tail number N13SN. Then I returned the other passengers to Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras.
This is the content of the meeting and the mission. The following is the mission flight plan and passenger list.

30 March, 1985
We arranged to remain over night (RON) in Tela, Honduras. We settled into the hotel and I excused myself for the night. I walked to the airfield (it was approximately 1 mile away) and flew the helicopter to La Cieba. I picked up the following passengers:
Mr. North
CIA & Vice President Bush Felix Rodriguez
CIA ­ acted as co­pilot
General Alverez Honduras
Ami Nir
CIA (Mossad)
We flew into several villages on the Nicaragua/Honduras border to recon for a later mission. I recorded actual village locations for cargo drops by CH­47’s scheduled later in April. Three of the villages were Rus Rus, Waspam and Santa Anna.
Mr. North was pleased with the operations. He stated that Vice President Bush appreciated the extra effort I was giving. General Alverez told Mr. North of my ability to sneak into his airfield under their radar. He asked North if I could instruct some of his security team and pilots for future use. North declined stating that I was a national secret, laughing. We landed at Santa Anna and met with Enrique Bermudez and other Contra leaders. We were then taken to a processing area of some sort. As we approached, there was a strong smell of jet fuel and acetone. There were several tactical bladders, used for carrying fuels, sitting around the area. Six large fuel pods were on the ground but had the tops torched off. Inside there was fuel and ground­up coca leaves.
Mr. North stated the following to the other passengers, “One more year of this and we’ll all retire.” He then made a remark concerning Barry Seal and Governor Clinton. “If we can keep those Arkansas hicks in line, that is,” referring to the loss of monies as determined the week prior during their meeting in Costa Rica. I stood silently by the vat of leaves, listening to the conversation. General Alverez had gone with the Contra leader to discuss logistics. The other three ­ North, Rodriguez, and Ami Nir ­ continued through the wooden building, inspecting the cocaine. North continued, “…but he (Vice President Bush) is very concerned about those missing monies. I think he’s going to have Jeb (Bush) arrange something out of Columbia,” he told his comrades, not thinking twice of my presence. What Mr. North was referring to ended up being the assassination of Barry Seal by members of the Medellin Cartel in early 1986.
“How about ‘Pineapple’?” Rodriguez asked. (Speaking of General Noriega.)
“Naw,” North answered, “something’s up there.” Bush later insured Noriega was indicted and imprisoned for drug trafficking.
I recalled the mysterious army officers remarks in Ojo de Agua, “Tell no one. There’s no one big enough in your chain of command.” I just heard North tell Rodriguez that the Vice President, the Governor of Arkansas and the three of them are manufacturing cocaine. I flew them back to La Cieba and I continued back to Tela in time for drinks downtown with my crew and friends. We returned the following day to Palmerola. I went to Ops an put a few notes on the back of the flight plan.

6 April, 1985
Six coolers marked medical supplies were delivered to Dustoff Operations. We were tasked with dropping them off in Trijillo at the airstrip. We met a U.S. Air Force C­130 bound for Panama and passed the coolers of cocaine to them. I asked the pilot, “Who gets these?” He looked at his manifest and told me that a Dr. Harari would be called on arrival.

9 April, 1985
We flew into a small village forty kilometers east north east of Ocotal in Nicaragua. Rodriguez was there with the Contra leader Enrique Bermudez when we arrived. We walked through the camp which was still being
cleared and organized. Four fuel pods with their tops cut off were sitting outside a large military tent. Several tactical fuel balls were located next to the pods. Rodriguez told the air crew that this was a Sandinista base that was captured. I noted that all of the equipment, the GP large tent, the fuel pods, and the tactical fuel balls were U.S. made. And inside the tent were several women packaging the cocaine. When we left, we carried four 110 quart, white coolers marked medical supplies to San Lorenzo, dropped them off to a civilian C­123 and returned to base.

10 April, 1985
We were tasked with flying six coolers marked “medical supplies” to San Lorenzo, Honduras. While we were flying on 9 April, Dr. Gus (General Gustavo Alverez), delivered six coolers to Dustoff operations. I opened all six coolers to check their contents. I only counted the packages of cocaine in one of the coolers. There were 110 packages. Major Hethcox, the Aviation Support Commander, sent his Administrative Officer, Lt. Willett, to Dustoff Operations to fly one leg of our flight as my co­pilot. I suspected Hethcox was curious why we were flying so much. We loaded the coolers marked “medical supplies” and headed for San Lorenzo (SLN). Upon arrival we hovered to a C­123 cargo aircraft that we had met the previous day. The C­123 was based out of El Salvador and was tasked with carrying the cargos from San Lorenzo back to El Salvador. I noticed something familiar as the C­123 pilot approached. It was Barry Seal, an old friend.
Barry was holding a jar of olives in his hand as he walked up to the chopper and greeted me. Barry had promised me weeks before in Panama, during a meeting with Harari, Noriega, and North, to see that I got some olives. I had visited the base liquor store (Class 6) at Howard Air Force Base, but it was out of olives, as was the commissary. I told him that I didn’t expect “curb­service.” He gave his cherub laugh and invited us to a caf‚ for a coka­cola. The crew joined us as he commandeered an Air Force truck for the short drive from the airstrip to the village.
Barry and I walked outside of the cafe so that we could talk privately. I asked Barry to level with me concerning the drugs and who was involved. I felt that Barry Seal was the only person I had met to date that I could get a straight answer out of. The following is what Barry Seal told me concerning the drugs in general and, more specifically, the destination of the drugs which we delivered to San Lorenzo on 9 and 10 April, 1985.
“The Contras needed weapons for their rebellion against the Sandinistas. When the CIA approached the Contras in the early 80’s they promised total support in weapons, training, and money required to sustain the operations. This is what prompted the Nicaraguans to begin open recruiting against the Ortega­led Sandinista government.
But, as time went on, the U.S. renigged on their promise to the rebels. Not only did the U.S. cut money needed for medical and food supplies for the Contra camps, but they also refused to provide the weaponry needed to stay alive. This left the Contras in a hell of a spot. William Casey met with Adolfo Colero and it was decided that the Contras would get the much needed money and weapons in exchange for cocaine. Casey put Ollie North over the project. North, at the CIAs promptings, recruited Seal to oversee delivery of the products, and a man named Ramon Navarro (Medellin Cartel) to train the Contras in the manufacturing process. Colero was the “point man” for the Contras. He dealt with Washington and others as needed. Contra leader Enrique Bermudez was tasked with getting the cocaine kitchens built and protected. Bermudez had solicited three other Contra commanders to assist in this project. Their names are Commander Fernando, Commander Franklin, and Commander Marlan. Ramon Navarro supplied the cocaine paste and raw coca leaves to the Contras. The U.S. provided the equipment. It was delivered to the camps by Chinook helicopters (CH­47) out of Ft. Campbell, Kentucky (159th Aviation Battalion). It was Barry’s job to deliver the finished product and monies to destinations as dictated by Mr. North.
Barry gave me the names of his various drop points and told me to be very wary of North. “He’ll give up his mamma if he has to!” was his comment concerning North’s lack of honor. He also gave me the names of U.S. officials, politicians, and drug enforcement officials involved in the cocaine enterprise.
I asked him to be exact about the shipments so that I could better understand. He used the six coolers that we just delivered as his example. He said that these coolers and the coolers delivered the previous day would be taken to El Salvador. From El Salvador they would be taken to a site in Southern California. There it would be distributed in rock form called “crack.” I made note of his comments and his “Boss Hog” list, as Barry called it, on the back of the flight plan concerning this specific flight. The notes were made on the evening of 10 April, 1985.

Transcription above:
Delivered 6 coolers of cocaine to SLN. Met Bany Seal in C­123. Ramon Navarro was with Seal. Asked Seal what was up with the cocaine being made in contra camps. ­ Said it was a CIA OPN. This shipment was going to Calif to make a drug called crack. Seal said that the CIA planned to get all the riggers in the U S. hooked on it &
then throw ’em in prison. Said the the S’s for the crack goes to buy weapons for the contrast Asked him who is involved ­ he said it goes all the way to the white house. Said I could talk to the boss ­ he’d be here (in Honduras) in a couple days. Took notes on back of AA. Msn request for RMTC. Will include with this flight plan. Msn RQ dtd 6 April.
Thats all I had to take notes on. Missions getting out of hand. Major Hethcox is getting suspicious of the flights. Sent Willet to make sure we really went to SLN. Fat Boy gave me some Olives ­ man they were good! Told me to stay with it as long as I could. Said that he would let North know about the heat from Hethcox.
11 April, 1985
We delivered personnel and supplies to several Contra camps. Among the Contra soldiers that we carried was the Contra leader in charge of the North camps, Enrique Bermudez. We flew several sorties making for a very long flight day. I would only see Commander Bermudez on two more occasions. The last time I would see Enrique Bermudez alive would be in 1991 outside of a hotel in Managua.
Enrique served as a faithful Commander during the Nicaraguan Revolution on behalf of the Counter Revolutionaries against the Sandinista government led by Daniel Ortega. But, beyond his fighting ability, was his loyalty to Vice President Bush and CIA Director Bill Casey. It was Commander Three Eight Zero (Bermudez) who would insure the safety of the cocaine manufacturing facilities co­located in the Contra camps.
When the revolution ended, and there was a democratically elected president, Enrique Bermudez rightly expected a prominent position. However, President Chamarro, Nicaragua’s new president, was not comfortable with Commander Three Eight Zero. She felt that he did not possess the political qualities she desired in her cabinet. In 1991 Bermudez pressured President Bush to convince Chamarro of his political value. Chamarro resisted Bush. Bermudez, desperate to position himself, decided to use his “ace in the hole.” Bermudez told Bush that if he did not receive a prominent governmental position he would expose Bush, North and company of their cocaine trafficking enterprise in Honduras.
As Enrique Bermudez walked down the street in front of the Intercontinental Hotel in 1991, a shot rang out and a bullet entered the back of Commander Three Eight Zero’s head. I departed the area of operation before he stopped twitching, knowing that the mission was complete. The message passed to the White House was quite simple, “The playing field is clear.”


13 April, 1985
I scheduled an instrument training flight to La Mesa and then to Tela. Major Rodriguez needed another night flight into Waspam and Rus Rus. I carried eight passengers ­ all medical staff from the Joint Task Force hospital to Tela, a beautiful beach town on the Caribbean. While the others slept, I walked to the airfield and met Major Rodriguez. We flew to the two Contra camps and returned with eight coolers. We stored the coolers marked medical supplies in a broken down hangar on the airfield at Tela. The Major told me that a C­123 should be there in the morning to pick up the evidence. He also told me that 350 kilos of cocaine had been stolen from international drug dealers based out of Colombia. He further told me that it had been secured by the Contras in Costa Rica. He pointed to four of the coolers, proud of the theft and the fact that he had possession of the cocaine. An armed guard was posted outside the hangar. I felt numb. He must have thought me a complete idiot to believe the trophies of war story he kept trying to pass to me. But who could I tell? It even involved the Vice President! I just kept telling myself to keep good notes.
Upon returning, I was called to the JTFB Command Center. There I was met by the Commander of the Army Aviation Assets in Honduras. He told me he knew I was being directed by someone other than military officials and he demanded to know who directed my flights. I told him that his security clearance simply wasn’t substantial enough for me to answer his question. He handed me a message that confirmed his suspicions. I have attached a copy of the message to the flight plan dated 13 April, 1985.
When I returned to Dustoff Operations, I called North and told him that the military authority was getting wise to the Pegasus flights. He said that he had a copy of the “twixt” and would handle it.

19 April, 1985
I was called by Major Rodriguez and told to deliver the map I had made of the Waspam/Rus Rus area two weeks prior, to a CH­47 (Chinook) out of the 159th Aviation Battalion, Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. The Chinook was scheduled to arrive in La Mesa at daybreak on the 20th, so I gathered my crew, gave excuses of a dental problem and no fuel available to top off at Palmarola. I was able to get the authority to fly by the J­3 Operations for Joint Task Force Bravo. We flew to La Mesa. Unfortunately, there was no fuel there either. When we arrived, the refueling point had shut down for the night. We went to the hotel. The following morning I met the aircraft to give them an orientation. I was on board as it was taxiing to a new parking and the refueling point. Suddenly the main rotors meshed. The top of the helicopter was torn from the aircraft, throwing all of us violently around the interior of the aircraft. I was drenched in hydraulic fluid. My back had been injured. I was able to get to a hangar and get washed. I returned to my hotel room for two days. I then reported to the hospital at JTF Bravo to find that I had sustained a compression fracture of the spine. I was flown back to Ft. Stewart, Georgia.

Six months later Bill Cooper and Buzz Sawyer were shot down in Nicaragua and killed. Their kicker ­ Eugene Hasenfus was captured by the Sandinistas. Three months after Cooper and Sawyer died, Barry Seal was killed outside a half­way house in Louisiana as predicted by Mr. North during our flight on 30 March, 1985.
In March of 1986, I was contacted by Lt. Col. Oliver North and involuntarily recruited into a Special Operations group codenamed Pegasus. I was told that I would be working directly for the President of the United States. I was paid $43,394.40 in April of 1986 and given a medical discharge. I reported to my new assignment in May of 1986.
During the next few years, I would be tasked by Mr. Bush with the neutralization of a Mossad agent in 1988, an army Chief of Staff in 1989, the President of a third world country in 1989, and the leader of a revolutionary force in Central America in 1991.
Ami Nir was killed in 1988.
General Gustavo Alverez was killed in 1989.
Enrique Bermudez, Contra leader and overseer of the cocaine kitchens, was killed in 1991.
In 1992 I was tasked to neutralize an American citizen. I refused. I decided that day to leave the Black Operations unit. When I told Mr. Colby of my decision, he told me that one can’t just walk away. I explained to him that I understood the fate of those who walk away. For that reason, I began documenting my activities on film, on audio tapes, and with copies of documents, all of which I compiled through the years. I explained that the film and tapes were placed in strategic locations around the world to insure my safety.
I was true to my word. Over the year I remained silent concerning my knowledge of the illegal activities of my superiors. But two years after I “retired” from the Black Operations group, I was contacted by Messrs Colby, North and Rodriguez. I was warned to give up my documents “or else.”
I now know that to turn over my documents would be terminal. My years of loyalty had been betrayed. With no alternative, I chose to publish a portion of the documents accumulated through the years. So in 1994 I began searching for the original flight plans which were in the possession of a ranking Honduran official.
All flight plans and briefing sheets contained in the Chronicles were supplied by the Honduran government official. In 1985, the official, aware of the implications of the documents, secured the flight plans and the briefing sheets for safe keeping. I began searching for the original documents in 1994. I was contacted in early 1995 by the Honduran official who claimed that he had possession of the documents. For reasons of security and fearing for his life, the official asked that I arrange a rendezvous with him in Honduras. April 25, 1995, we met secretly in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, where he supplied certified copies of the originals. It was agreed that he would maintain possession of original documents until they were needed by authorities to seek prosecution of Messrs. Bush, Clinton, North, Rodriguez and others directly involved in the manufacturing and trafficking of cocaine.
While in Honduras, we were followed by a known US operative. Fortunately, I detected him early and we were able to out maneuver him so as not to compromise our meeting or the identity of the Honduran official. Upon our return to Miami, with documents in our possession, our car was broken into and my briefcase which, among other things, contained the keys to our car parked in Colorado Springs, was stolen. The documents, however, were not in the briefcase. They were held on my person, taped to my body. We were fortunate that my wife had her set of keys on her. Two weeks after returning to the United States, my wife and I were detained by the FBI. Our household goods were confiscated and rifled through by federal agents. They did not find the documents they were searching for. Subsequently, I was arrested and held without bail. The reason given by the FBI for no bail was that I had recently traveled outside of the country. I was, therefore, a flight risk. My wife, Nancy, was given the clothes on her back and the keys to her car by the FBI. She was told to leave and not return. It was interesting that the set of keys given to Nancy was the very set that had been stolen with my briefcase in Miami two weeks prior.

In February, 1996 two Secret Service agents visited me while I was being held in Tampa, Florida and warned me that I would be charged with treason and either be executed or spend the rest of my life in prison if I did not turn over the documents which I had prepared with others for our protection through the years. A week later, under very mysterious circumstances, treason became the primary crime for which I was being held by the US Marshals.
Tampa Tribune Newspaper Ray Locker (813­259­7915) is taking over from David Sommer Tampa Tnbune phone number 813­259­7600
May 4, 1996
By David Sommer Tribune Staff Writer TAMPA ­ Dois Gene Tatum sits in the Hillsborough County Jail on a treason charge, but nobody seems to know why.
Tatum, 45, says he has a theory. While awaiting trial on fraud charges, he has been working on a book about being a prisoner of war in Vietnam, where he said he was sent on a secret, “one way mission” into Cambodia.
But the book makes no mention of later work as an agent in CIA Black operations,” Tatum said in a telephone interview from Morgan Street jail. Maybe someone is trying to make sure things stay that way, he says.
Jail offlcials say Taturn is being held on the treason charge at the request of the U. S. Marshals’ Service. Such a charge is highly unusual. They said Tatum is not being held on the federal fraud charges, although jury selection in that trial is scheduled to begin Monday before U. S. District Judge Henry Lee Adams, Jr.
Tatum and codefendant Nancy Jane Tatum identified in court records as his girlfriend with an alias of Nancy Fullilove, are accused of taking more than $82,000 in federal money while Dois Tatum operated a government­
seized Hudson golf course.
Deputy U.S. Marshal David Jacobs, in charge of federal prisoners in Tampa, said his records show Tatum is in custody solely on the fraud case.
“There is nothing in his file whatsoever related to treason,” Jacobs said.
Federal prosecutors know nothing of the charge, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Gary Montilla.
“CIA guys are generally charged with other kinds of espionage,” the prosecutor said. “My thought is it’s a screw­ up or some sort of macabre joke.”
Gustavo Alverez (Codename Dr. Gus)
Former Chief of Staff of the Honduran Military. General Alverez met with Vice President George Bush during the Vice President’s visit to Honduras in 1985. General Alverez was killed outside of Tegucigalpa, Honduras in 1989 on orders from President Bush via William J. Colby.
William Barr
Held himself out as an advisor to Vice President George Bush and later under the presidency of George Bush, became the U.S. Attorney General.
Enrique Bermudez
Leader of the CIA formed Nicaraguan Contra Revolutionaries, commonly called the “Contras.” Bermudez was killed outside Managua, Nicaragua in 1991 on orders from Vice President Bush via William J. Colby.
George Bush
Director Central Intelligence Agency, Vice President of the United States and President of the United States. Dewey Clairage
CIA based out of Langley, Va. Target in 1991 indictment.
Gov. William Clinton
Governor of Arkansas ­ While attending college in England, William Clinton was recruited by the CIA to gather information while visiting the Soviet Union. Later elected governor of the state of Arkansas and President of the United States.
Bill Cooper
Former Air America pilot recruited to fly for Corporate Air Services. Died in Contra re­supply missions for Corporate Air Services. Was shot down over Nicaragua in October 1986.
Joe Fernandez
CIA Station Chief of Costa Rica. Joe Fernandez is presently persona non grata in Costa Rica for suspected smuggling of cocaine. Currently business partner in Guardian Industries with Oliver North.
Clair George
Employee of CIA and oversaw the Central American Desk Retired in 1988 and subsequently indicted in 1991 on federal criminal charges.
Don Gregg
National Security Advisor to Vice President George Bush.
Mike Harari (Codename Cobra)
Ex­ Head of the Mossad’s Metsada and one of Noriega’s most influential advisors.
Eugene Hasenfus
CIA contract agent and survivor of the C­123 crash in Nicaragua which killed Bill Cooper. Dan Lasater
Little Rock based restaurant entrepreneur and principle of Premier Arkansas Bond Underwriting Company, Lasater and Company. One of few with directed access to the gubernatorial mansion of the Clinton’s. Dan Lasater was convicted of trafficking cocaine in 1986 and subsequently sentenced to federal prison.
Lt. Col. R. Navarro
Real name, Ramon Navarro, posed as a Lt. Col. of a foreign military. He accompanied Lt. Col. North on one occasion and was present at several contra camps involved in the manufacturing of cocaine. Navarro was a nefarious drug trafficker with ties to the Medellin Drug Cartel. Navarro died in a mysterious auto accident in Miami, Florida in February of 1991, the evening prior to his scheduled testimony for the government against the co­ defedants of Manuel Noriega. Had he not died, he would have been taken to Nicaragua prior to his scheduled testimony and subsequently terminated. This was on orders from President Bush and William Barr via William J. Colby.
Amiram Nir (Codename Pat Weber)
Former Israeli Intelligence Officer (Mossad) and Chief Advisor on Terrorism to Prime Minister Shimon Perez Killed in an airplane crash in Southern Mexico in 1988.
Manuel Noriega
Former Panamanian military leader and CIA operative. Indicted in the United States for conspiracy to traffic cocaine and subsequently kidnapped, tried and convicted. He is currently imprisoned at a federal prison in Miami in Florida.
Oliver North
Orchestrator of the Contra­affair which came to be known as the “Enterprise”, working directly for Vice President George Bush. Mr. North is ‘persona non grata’ in Costa Rica for the suspected trafficking of cocaine.
Jerry Parks
Former police officer and security contractor to William J. Clinton. Accompanied Dan Lasater on several occasions assisting in the pick up of large white coolers marked “medical supplies” delivered by U.S. army helicopters. Jerry Parks was killed execution style in 1994.
Felix Rodriguez
CIA Operative reporting directly to Oliver North and Vice President George Bush. Barry Seal Central figure in CIA drug operations. Seal was killed execution style outside of a half­way house in 1986 on orders from Vice President Bush.
Jackson Stevens
CEO of Stevens and Company, one of the largest financial underwriting companies west of the Mississippi River.
Raymond “Buddy” Young
Former Arkansas State Police Captain and Chief of Security for Governor William J. Clinton. Buddy Young is currently the director of Region 6, of the Federal Emergency Management Authority (FEMA) based in Denton, Texas.
Chip Tatum started his military career in 1969 when he volunteered for service during the Vietnam war. Graduating at the top ten percent of his class, he became one of the Air Force’s first elite Combat Controller’s (CCT). He survived his tours in Vietnam and a stint as a POW in Cambodia with a Purple Heart, a Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, an Air Force Distinguished Service Medal, an Air Medal, and a Vietnam Service Medal, to name a few. As his career advanced, he accepted an appointment as a Warrant Officer. Following his service in Vietnam, Chip was attached to the White House for “special” duty assignments. White House special duty assignments continued through 1986, at which time, Chip’s talents filled a specific need of the White House which existed outside a militanly­restricted environment, so he was “recruited” into an elite black ops unit codenarned “Pegasus.” Chip continued to serve the White House through 1991, leaving only when tasked to target his talents toward U.S. officials. Serving five administrations, through a quarter of a century, Chip commanded, planned, and participated in eighteen covert and black operations around the world. His codename is Pegasus.


EXHIBIT-Israeli Embassy Letter 

 EXHIBIT  National Security Agency Letter